Tuesday, May 12, 2009

High Fives & Plank Dives in Calgary

Killer show this evening. Korpiklaani has been here before, and it was a huge draw. For some reason tonight felt like the most fun of the whole tour thus far. Captain Crashride was stage diving all night long. Even the jovial Admiral Nobeard got in on the action during "Happy Little Boozer." I've never seen a more terrified front row of crowd goers when he readied to jump. Hopefully there will be video of this momentous event on YouTube soon.

I walked to a local supermarket for supplies. Calgary is a nice town. At least, this area of it is. The show was put on in a ballroom inside a student center at the University of Calgary. The feel of the campus reminded of my alma mater Rutgers. Although, I suppose most colleges are probably similar.

I was so wrong the other night when I spoke of that 14 hour drive. I don't remember how long it was, but it was no where close to 14 hours. Tonight, on the other hand, is long. 12 hours I'm told. Early bus call. See everyone in Vancouver.

Backstage Beer Info:
Calgary:
Molson