Sunday, May 17, 2009

Reminds me of Rice a Roni

Hands down, best day of the tour. I woke up this morning around 7am and took in the amazing scenery on the way from Portland to San Francisco. We stopped for gas in the town of Weed, CA. I found that amusing. As did the Finns. Went back to sleep for another 4 hours and woke up due to ridiculous heat. Apparently, our AC units on the bus had been pushing themselves so much that the condensers froze over. This created sauna-like conditions. When I walked into the front lounge, everyone was either wearing no shirt, or no pants. But not no shirt AND no pants. Lawlz.

I went out to dinner with my aunt who lives out here. She is the youngest aunt that I have, and clearly the coolest. We went to a famous microbrewery here in San Francisco called Gordon Beirsch. If you ever find yourself in San Francisco, I recommend every beer they have. But in particular, the Hefeweizen.

Got back to the venue with just enough time to get into my pirate garb and rock out with one of the best crowds on the tour. Thanks everyone, you guys ruled.

Caught Blackguard's set, then went back out with my aunt to some uptown restaurant for some more drinks and same tasty nachos. Was back in time to see Korpiklaani start their set. I had to be there for "Pine Woods". Fucking love that song. I think the greatest thing I'm getting out of this tour is being able to see them play every night. Their sound is so organic and raw. And they just know how to have fucking fun and make the audience have fun at the same time. Simply rollicking.

Backstage Beer Info:
San Francisco:
Heineken
Pabst Blue Ribbon