Monday, May 11, 2009

Edmonton

This has been a good day in Edmonton. Very good crowd, definitely top 3 thus far. I was exploring the city earlier with Korp's sound guy. We came across an underground mall with exceptional restroom facilities. He was hanging around the food court whilst I took advantage. Upon my return, he showed me a periodical which he found on a table, some sort of local arts document which by complete happenstance advertised an article on Swashbuckle across the front cover. Not only this, but we were above a headline regarding the Swine Flu. Apparently, in Edmonton, we are more important than Swine Flu.

Moving on - I caught an amazing deal on eBay for a top of the line wireless system for my rig. Being anchored by an instrument cable is becomming a serious hinderance. Looking forward to fooling around with that when I get home.

After our set I was hanging out backstage watching Blackguard, as I so often have been doing. Cane (guitarist of Korpiklaani) approached me and told me people outside had asked him if he was the guitarist of Swashbuckle. For some reason, this filled my heart with a warm fuzzy fealing.

Admiral Nobeard is doing the lights tonight for all the bands besides us. How fuckin' wacky is that?

Backstage Beer Info:
Edmonton:
Old Style Pilsner

Even longer drive tonight to Calgary. 14+ hours.

Cheers
~RedRum