Friday, November 13, 2009

Crazy Times

So Crashride was not let into Canada. Fuck us. We hauled ass from upstate New York to Detroit to catch our friends in Eluveitie and Alestorm kick some ass on Heathenfest. I ended up ditching my 'Buckle mates for some far more enticing company. I feel very lucky I was able to tag along with Heathenfest for a few days before meeting back up with the Monsters of Death package in Detroit again. Eluveitie puts on one fucking kick ass show. The recent shows have been mediocre at best. No showers, no food, what little beer we have is spread thin amoungst 6 bands and crew. I eagerly await our return to the Ensiferum tour at the beginning of December. Those shows are sure to be ass-whooping.

The show tonight in Addison, IL is actually pretty good. I had some tasty tortellini. Really good presale ticket wise. The much better venue here around Chicago called the Pearl Room closed down apparently, so we were forced to take refuge in this lesser known venue called the Pyramis Club. However, this turned into a fruitful gain as the venue is located directly next door to a great thrift store where Crashride and I plundered many a flannel shirt and mesh hat. Trucker Metal is the future.